HANDLING & PROTECTING YOUR ARTWORK
TAKE YOUR PRESENTATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL
What you’ll learn
In this workshop taught by a professional artist and art handler, you’ll learn how to:
• create affordable and professional archival boxes for 2D and 3D artwork.
• create portfolios for delicate/fragile artwork.
• use precise techniques to safely measure and package your artwork.
• identify the correct protective materials for different types of artwork.
• gather a toolset that will make it easier and faster to complete your projects.
• achieve professional standards through the instructor’s experience and insider knowledge.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Alexis Portilla is a professional artist with over 30 years experience in art handling for museums and galleries in New York City. He has also been a faculty instructor at Columbia University, teaching printmaking to graduate and postgraduate students. See more workshops offered by Alexis here.