FRAMING FOR BEGINNERS
ACHIEVING MUSEUM-QUALITY PRESENTATION FROM STORE-BOUGHT FRAMES
What you’ll learn
In this workshop taught by a professional artist and art handler, you’ll learn how to
• use store-bought frames to display your artwork with museum-quality professionalism.
• choose the best mat for your artwork.
• cut mats and backing boards.
• mount artwork onto the correct backing paper.
• choose between plexiglass or glass depending on the size and material of the artwork.
• select glass treatment (UV, non-glare, conservation glass, and more).
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Alexis Portilla is a professional artist with over 30 years experience in art handling for museums and galleries in New York City. He has also been a faculty instructor at Columbia University, teaching printmaking to graduate and postgraduate students. See more workshops offered by Alexis here.